Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Today was very interesting. The concentration camp was much different than expected. I have been to the Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. Twice but it is impossible to understand what victims went through even when one is there, as we were today. I learned very much and felt sad and thoughtful as we departed.

I also enjoyed the trip for the brief visit of Oranienhurg, since it is our first time in a small German town. The trip tomorrow should give us an even better experience of 'non-Berlin' Germany.  I am very excited!

I am still learning my way around the subway but I think I have it down now. I just have to think about the route for awhile. The random stops and detours for construction or what not are not helping though and we increasingly must ask for directions! 'Entschuldigung, sprechen Sie Englisch?'  Of course the answer is always 'a little' and the German person is practically fluent. I find this city so modest.


No comments:

Post a Comment