Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sachsenhausen

Sachsenhausen was a very moving experience for me, because I have heard about many of the atrocities that occurred in the camps, but I have never experienced it first hand. It was incredibly difficult to understand the reasoning for such horrors, and I don't think that I have even come close to understanding, but the trip to Sachsenhausen has definitely opened my eyes. One of the most surprising things I learned about the camp was that it was used for similar purposes by the Russians after the end of the war, and that there were people who were interred during the Nazi regime were housed there again under the Russians.

I captured this photo of Constantine and his shadow while he was using his GoPro, and I feel that it is a symbol of how the Nazis attempted to strip the prisoners humanity from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment