Sunday, March 9, 2014

First Day in Berlin

When we landed in Berlin, I was one of the lucky few who had their luggage arrive on time.  I'm now incredibly worried about my luggage on the trip back, but I guess I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.  For now, I'm just thankful that I have my stuff and that the travel day is done.


Tribute to the Red Baron at the Berlin Tegel Airport

When I first arrived, I was so disoriented from jet lag that I forgot almost everything I knew of the German language, and I was embarrassingly incapable of communication with my host family for a period.  I felt that I redeemed myself by the end of the day and that I was communicating much better, but I was still exhausted.

Most of my time in Berlin so far has been spent taking the U-Bahn and hanging out around the host family's house.  My first impressions of what little I've seen of Berlin are largely positive.  We're staying in the Rudow locality, at Kerbelweg-5b.  Our host family and their house are both very nice, but I've spent most of my time here sleeping thus far.  I went to bed yesterday at 17.30 and woke up this morning at 6.00.  I'm excited to see more of the city today and to be much more energetic.

Our location within Berlin.

The view from the house.  Really pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment