Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day Five: Potsdam

Sanssouci
I know there are still two days left in the trip, but so far the trip to Potsdam has been my favorite part.  I loved all of the palaces and all of the history behind them was really interesting and new for me.  Everyone in my family wanted to know which one was my favorite, and I've had to put a lot of thought into this decision because they all brought something to the table.  But ultimately I decided that the Orangerie was my favorite.  If I had my choice though, I would live in a different palace each day of the week.
Orangerie
After the palaces we went to the actual city of Potsdam, which was also beautiful.  I liked that it was less crowded than Berlin, and I decided that if I lived in Germany I'd like to live in Potsdam but work in Berlin.  I had Bratwurst while there, so now I've had basically all of the stereotypically German foods, except for Schnitzel, which maybe I'll get later.  But of everything I saw in Potsdam, the most amazing thing was the main square with all the architecture.  I was amazed when Stefano told us that some of the city had been there for ten years, because it was all so established and classical. Here are some more pictures from my visit.

The Catholic Church in Potsdam

Holländisches Viertel

Town Hall

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you all had great weather for your trip to Potsdam. One thing that I'm curious about: Why is the Orangerie our favorite?

    ReplyDelete