Friday, March 7, 2014

T-Minus 14.5 hours until departure

'Twas the night before the big trip, and all through the house...

I was entering panic mode because I swear I'm packing too much and yet not enough.
I'm a list-maker, and well, my packing list may have gone a little extreme:

But my packing process went pretty smoothly:
Add a little time and effort:
And voila! A fully packed college student. Minus a couple things.
I'll probably take out a few things in the morning.

My mother was super helpful in double-checking everything and giving me last minute tips before I go. I've flown a couple times before (the longest was to Minnesota) and I'm pretty cool about being the air - I have this horrible habit of taking an obscene amount of pictures of the clouds. If anything has window seat anxiety, I will gladly take that spot! I just hope nothing like Airplane! happens; if you've seen that movie, you'll understand. Fish, anyone?

I'm not sure what to expect from the international flight though, or what will happen from then on. Daily itineraries can only tell you so much after all. And I'm not at all worried about the jet lag, as I'm pretty good at sleeping if I do say so myself. I even have a little travel blanket and pillow for the flight (a thoughtful Christmas present from my brother). 

I'm so excited to be given this amazing opportunity, and I'm also looking forward to meeting my host family and staying with my new trip-sister (Carolyn, you are now being informally adopted by me). I'm a bundle of nerves right now, and it will be a miracle if I get to sleep tonight. If I'm sleep-deprived at the airport tomorrow, you'll know why.

Good luck to all the last minute packers! 

~Elizabeth S  


2 comments:

  1. Oddly enough I am excited but not anxious at all. After my last class I threw the rest of my stuff into my half packet bag. I cannot wait to go. I am so excited but I think I am getting better at packing. This is not my first plane trip (this year even). Well I can seem to get the picture on here but I got my smallest suitcase and backpack half full and I am still going to take more out.

    All packed up maybe an hour during the week of packing and less than thirty minutes today. I figure out how many of each type of clothes earlier and it all ran really smoothly. The hardest part is now I need to pick what of my homework in my backpack above should go with me. I know I will not do it all on the trip. Now I watch how to train your dragon.

    I guess my number one fear is losing my passport or credit card. Anything else can be replace or I can live without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alles wurde rechtzeitig fertig. Sie haben großartig! Haben Sie einen guten Flug und eine schöne Zeit in Deutschland!

    ReplyDelete